- Santa Cruz, CA is located just of San Francisco and north of Monterey. It is a city of wonderful, sandy beaches, redwood-covered mountains, laid-back lifestyle, organic farms, and a continuously growing beer and wine scene. Could you ask for anything more? If you are thinking about moving here, however, you should keep in mind that that is not an easy task, especially if you are a first-time home mover. The relocation process requires a lot of planning, organizing, and hard work. Knowing exactly the right way to do it is crucial for a problem-free move. If you are planning to move to Santa Cruz, California, East Coast-West Coast Express is at your service. However, before you give us a ring and schedule your moving day, you should take a closer look at the city you are about to start calling home.
Moving to Santa Cruz, CA with East Coast-West Coast Express
More about Santa Cruz, California
- Before the colonization period towards the end of the 18th century, Santa Cruz County was home to Native American tribes. They were most likely the Ohlone people, who occupied the area from Monterey to San Francisco. Don Gaspar de Portola, an explorer from Spain, discovered in 1769 the area where the City of Santa Cruz lies today. The meaning of the name of this beautiful city is “Holy Cross”. If you are interested in finding out more about the history of Santa Cruz, please take a look at the city’s official website .
The Weather of Santa Cruz, California
- Santa Cruz experiences mild weather year-round. Living in Santa Cruz means enjoying a warm-summer Mediterranean climate characterized by cold, wet winters and pleasant, mostly dry summers. Due to its proximity to Monterey Bay, the city often experiences fog and low overcast, especially during summer nights.
The Economy of Santa Cruz, California
- If you are moving in order to find employment, it is good to know the principal industries of Santa Cruz are agriculture, tourism, education and high technology. Santa Cruz is a national agricultural center and the birthplace of the organic agriculture movement. Are you moving to Santa Cruz in order to start your own business? Then you might be interested in checking out the business page for Santa Cruz .
Things to Do in Santa Cruz, California
- Once you move here, you will probably want to check some of the most popular tourist attractions in the city. These could include the classic Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk on the beach, the redwood forests in the Santa Cruz Mountains above the town, or Monterey Bay, which is protected as a marine sanctuary.
- The legendary Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is always admission-free. It regularly hosts free concerts every Friday night during summer, as well as other free and fun events! Every Friday night from the middle of June through the beginning of September, bands from the ‘70s, ‘80s, and ‘90s perform two free concerts. If this sounds like your cup of tea, click here to learn more.
- Santa Cruz has an extensive network of bike lanes and bike paths. Most major roads have bike lanes. Additionally, there are bike paths along the San Lorenzo River. So if you are someone who enjoys the active, outdoor lifestyle, Santa Cruz is definitely the right choice.
- If you are moving to Santa Cruz with your family, you will probably want to live in a good neighborhood with notable educational institutions. Luckily, the city has plenty of those to offer. Some of the best schools in the region include:
- - Georgiana Bruce Kirby Preparatory School
- - Pacific Collegiate School
- - Cypress Charter High School
- - Santa Cruz Montessori
- - Aptos High School
- - The University of California
- - Cabrillo College
- - Five Branches University
- To find out more about neighborhoods and rules and how they are regulated, please visit the city’s website
- Santa Cruz is probably best-known for watersports such as swimming, diving, paddle boarding, sailing, and paddling. It is also considered to be one of the best spots in the world for surfing. This is where O'Neill Wetsuits and Santa Cruz Surfboards, Santa Cruz Skateboards and Santa Cruz Bicycles are located.
- And if this all is not enough, here are some other locations that might interest you as well:
- - The Arboretum
- - Mission Santa Cruz
- - the Santa Cruz Museum of Natural History ,
- - the Santa Cruz Museum of Art and History ,
- - the Santa Cruz Art League ,
- - the Santa Cruz Surfing Museum ,
- - the Tannery Arts Center .
- And if you are more of a festival-goer, these might be right up your alley:
- - Santa Cruz County Symphony at the Santa Cruz Civic Auditorium and the Mello Center in Watsonville
- - Santa Cruz Shakespeare — An annual summer festival
- - Cabrillo Festival of Contemporary Music – an annual festival of contemporary music
- - Santa Cruz Film Festival — An annual event for independent filmmakers
- - Santa Cruz Pride — The annual parade is a celebration of sexual orientation and diversity in Santa Cruz
- - Open Studios Art Tour — Artists and patrons from around the area
- - First Friday Santa Cruz — Dozens of art openings in the Santa Cruz area on the first Friday of the month
- - O'Neill Coldwater Classic — An annual surfing event that draws crowds to the popular Steamer Lane
- - Wharf to Wharf Race — An annual race which has been held for more than three decades
- - Woodies on the Wharf — An annual outdoor markets showcasing the agricultural diversity of the region with emphasis on sustainable agriculture and organic food.
- If you have made up your mind on relocating to Santa Cruz, all you need to do now is find the best moving company. Luckily, you won’t have to look far – West Coast East Coast Express are at your disposal! We are a team of moving experts with extensive experience and a great passion for what we do. If you pick us as your moving helpers, you will be able to choose from a wide array of assistance we provide, including:
- Interstate residential moving
- Interstate corporate moving
- car shipping services
- Climate-controlled storage units
- Moving supplies
- Loading and unloading services