Santa Barbara Movers
Santa Barbara West Coast East Coast Express Review
“I have moved 3 times in the past 2 years and I have loads of experience with movers. West coast east coast movers have been the best movers I've dealt with by far! So professional. Made my move stress free and would definitely recommend them to anyone!”
— Melissa M.
Moving from Santa Barbara, California with West Coast East Coast Express
Whether you’re moving for a loved one or moving because you’ve found a well-paid job in another city doesn’t matter now. Now you have to focus on what’s ahead, and that means preparing for the entire move from Santa Barbara. As there are so many parts of relocation that you now have to organize, which is no easy task. And that is exactly why most people decide to hire professional movers to avoid all the stress of moving. And East Coast West Coast Express is one of the best movers in the business.
Here at East Coast West Coast Express, we know how to best apply our experience in order to provide our customers with some of the most reliable moving services. And you can count on them no matter where in the US you’re moving from or moving to. We’d also be glad to help you out in any way we can, so don’t be afraid to give us a call if you’re looking for moving advice. Or if you want to find out more about any of our moving services, our helpful staff are ready to provide you with answers. East Coast West Coast Express offers the following moving services:
- Interstate moving services – no matter if you’re looking for residential moving or commercial moving services, we’ve got you covered
- Auto transportation – we can ship your vehicle in an open trailer or an enclosed car carrier, and you can choose between door-to-door and terminal-to-terminal delivery options
- Storage services – our secure storage units are a safe place for any of your items, if we can ship it, we can store it
- Packing services – our professional packers will make sure that your items are safely packed and ready for the move
Don’t forget that East Coast West Coast Express has got your back during this hectic period of moving, so don’t hesitate to give us a call.
What Our Customers Say
West Coast East Coast Express - Santa Barbara Reviews
- Kelly T.Santa Ana
These guys know their stuff when it comes to moving. My two large screen TVs were wrapped in special padding... read more and they took extra precautions to make sure all of my goods were safely transported. They dismantled what was needed and hustled nonstop until the move was done. I am very satisfied with their services. Highly recommend. read less3/07/2016Moe S.Santa Ana
West coast east coast express honestly surpassed my expectations. I was expecting items to be damaged or lost, luckily that... read more was the case. The staff are hard workers and professionals on top of it. They have very strategic ways of packing, loading and unloading stuff. They provide me fair price for such hard work they put up to. I really seemed to learn a lot. I would highly recommend West Coast East Coast Express read less2/03/2016Nej K.Santa Ana
We had to ship a vehicle from our lot to a buyer online and our previous vehicle shipping company was... read more getting pricier instead of becoming cheaper so we looked around for a potential new partner. West Coast East Coast Express showed up online and I called and had a discussion about our potential frequent business. The price they quoted me was already lower than what we used to pay and offered further deals if we were frequent shippers. They arrived to pick up the vehicle the next day and our buyer had no complaints about the arrival of his vehicle. Looking forward to the next transaction! read less1/30/2016
- Karolina P.Santa Ana
When my Aunt and Uncle purchased a home in Arizona they needed a lot of belongings to be moved quickly.... read more Since they didn't speak English too well they put me in charge of find a moving company to fit their budget. I called West Coast East Coast Express and explained to them that they needed a moving company ASAP and told them the budget we were looking for. They were so patient and answered all my questions plus the representative on the phone gave us a price lower than what we had expected and they arrived the next day! All of the belongings were packed professionally and my Aunt couldn't be any happier with the moving process. Thank you so much guys for everything!! read less1/20/2016Nancy O.Santa Ana
So glad I was referred to West Coast East Coast Express ! I helped my brother move from LA to... read more New York for college and with this company made it stress free and affordable long distance moving :) Very professional moving company and not to mention great packing services ! They were very punctual on dates and times we were very pleased with the service and made our lives much easier .Definitely give them a call if you need help moving you won't regret it :) read less12/13/2015Almain O.Santa Ana
Recently did a move Pasadena to Utah. Was thinking of gathering a bunch of family and friends to help me... read more on this review. After making a few calls, everyone seemed to busy to help with this long haul. So I did some research and found West Coast East Coast express on Yelp. Read their Yelp reviews and sounded like a very legit moving company to go with. I called the moving company to inquire prices and they were willing to help out financially. Scheduled a time and day with the movers and they came right on time. The movers professional, the movers were efficient, and the movers were just great! They took care of my things with care and I didn't even have a drip of swear. Best choice to go with. read less12/07/2015
- Reggie A.Santa Ana
A very special thank you to West Coast East Coast Express! They're offically the best moving company I've ever had!!!... read more They made my move from SoCal to New Jersey super easy. They were fast, honest, hard workers. All my things were wrapped up and safe. It was definetly worth every penny spent knowing that my valuables were well taken care of. read less12/06/2015Arnie P.Santa Ana
I had just landed a new job in Miami FL! Only problem was how to get my things from downtown... read more LA to FL. I'm glad I found West Coast East Coast Express!!! I already had all my stuff packed except for all the large stuff that couldn't fit in boxes. I organized a time for them to pick up and a time and date for them to drop off in Miami. They were very punctual on pick up and drop off, fast and careful handling my stuff. These professionals are great! If your moving out of state this is a fast easy service! read less12/06/2015Jennifer T.Santa Ana
5 stars for them!!! They deserve more stars! I just recently decided to move to Detroit Michigan with my BF.... read more We needed to move out of a studio apartment here in LA. Talked to a representative and he was very helpful on how the process worked. They showed up and packed all of our things. We arrived to Detroit and all our personal belongings and appliances were very well packed, organized , and labeled very well. I would recommend these guys to anyone who wants great dependable service!!!!! read less12/06/2015
- Gualberto L.Santa Ana
I never believed in using movers but i am glad i did. West coast east coast moving company made moving... read more from socal to new jersey really easy. I called them super last minute but they were flexible and got me a really good quote for the move. I was worried about moving some of delicate items but i was worried for no reason. Every item was pack well and got to my new place safely. Hopefully i dont have to move again but if i do i would definitely use west coast east coast moving company again! read less12/04/2015Marty J.Santa Ana
My sister and I had to leave our apartment within a week. We were freaking out since we did not... read more enough time to pack up everything. We called West coast East coast Express and they were very fast and efficient. It was such a stress relief since they packed everything for us. Moving from LA to Dallas Texas along with all our personal and household belongings seemed impossible with just the two of us. I totally recommend this great service to everyone who needs a helping hand when moving. read less12/04/2015Gary C.Santa Ana
Had an awesome experience. The manager was very polite, knowledgeable, and explained everything to me thoroughly. I was so stressed... read more and needed help moving from my moms house in vegas to my new apartment in Costa Mesa , but I'm glad they made everything fast and easy for a great price. read less12/03/2015
- Joanna S.Santa Ana
These guys are awesome. I just settled into my new home in Phoenix, Arizona. Moving from SoCal to Phoenix I... read more thought it would be a nightmare, but boy was I wrong. These people explained the process to me and gave me a quote to move my two bedroom apartment. I chose to op for them to pack my stuff and just meet them at my new house. Simple, easy, and worth every dollar I spent. I would recommend this service to anyone that doesn't want to deal with the headache and backache of doing this yourself. read less12/03/2015Liz B.Santa Ana
This is the best moving company I have ever dealt with. I have moved some times in the past and... read more have not have the most pleasant of experiences. However, I had an amazing experience with this one!. I heard of West Coast East Coast moving company thru a friend that has used them in the past and had good things to say. I gave them a call and they gave me a good quote.I had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom house in Los Angeles area with all sorts of appliances and furniture. I moved to Las Vegas, Nevada and when they arrived I was very please with everything properly packaged and in tact. Couldn't be happier! Definitely recommend it. read less12/02/2015
Welcome to Santa Barbara, California
Santa Barbara is located in the Santa Barbara County of California. The city is actually the county’s seat. The name originated from the Spanish word for “Saint Barbara”. The city has a pleasant Mediterranean climate, which is influenced by its positioning – the city is located in between the Santa Ynez Mountains and the Pacific Ocean. The city is often referred to as the “American Riviera” because of its climate and weather. According to the 2014 US Census, the population was estimated to be around 91,000 residents.
Santa Barbara is great for people who are looking to get a new job because of its strong economy, which includes a large service sector in tourism, education, technology, health care, finance, agriculture, manufacture, local government, and so on. The city is located along the Pacific coast, about 90 miles west-northwest away from Los Angeles, the capital of California.
Weather in Santa Barbara, California
As we have already mentioned, Santa Barbara has a warm summer Mediterranean climate, because of its position along the Pacific Ocean. The onshore breezes moderate temperatures which then results in warmer winters and chillier summers, compared to places further in land. Very heavy rainfall can occur in winters. The annual rainfall is 90 inches, but it depends largely on the region of the city. The precipitation rates are less than 6 inches during the dry season of the year. Snow is extremely rare in the city center, but it does occur on the Santa Ynez Mountains.
Top Employers in Santa Barbara, California
Here’s a list of the top employers in Santa Barbara:
- University of California, Santa Barbara:10,403 employees
- County of Santa Barbara:4,652 employees
- Cottage Health System:2,605 employees
- Santa Barbara City College:2,066 employees
- Santa Barbara Unified School District:1,988 employees
- City of Santa Barbara:1,716 employees
- Raytheon Electronic Systems:1,300 employees
- Sansum Medical Foundation Clinic:1,040 employees
- Santa Barbara County Education Office:929 employees
- United States Postal Service:805 employees
Neighborhoods of Santa Barbara, California
It is of great importance to pick a neighborhood which will best suit you and your family, depending on whether you have children or you’re planning on starting a family etc. Here’s a list of the neighborhoods in Santa Barbara, with a bit of information on each one:
- The Riviera: Since the past century, it has been known as "the Riviera" due to its resemblance to the Mediterranean coastal towns of France and Italy. It’s particularly noteworthy for homes with outstanding views of the City of Santa Barbara and the Pacific Ocean.
- The Mesa: stretches 2.5 miles from Santa Barbara City College on the east to Arroyo Burro County Beach on the west. "The Mesa" has a beach vibe. This is considered to be a desirable neighborhood due to its proximity to the ocean as well as the college.
- The Westside ("west of State Street"): lies predominantly in the lowlands between State Street and the Mesa, including Highway 101, and also reaches down to Cliff Drive, incorporating Santa Barbara City College.
- Mission Canyon: A popular spot as an entry-point for weekend foothill hiking, it is one of the most rustically beautiful, yet fire-prone areas of Santa Barbara due to heavy natural vegetation.
- The Eastside ("east of State Street"): is generally the area east of State to the base of the Riviera, and includes Santa Barbara Junior High School, Santa Barbara High School, and the Santa Barbara Bowl.
- Lower State Street: also known as the Funk Zone, the area features commercial properties with a thriving nightlife. The area also serves as the main location for local celebrations and parades such as Old Spanish Days Fiesta.
- Upper State Street: is a residential and commercial district that includes numerous professional offices, and much of the medical infrastructure of the city.
- San Roque: This area is said to be a constant 5 degrees warmer than the coastal areas, due to its greater distance from the ocean than other Santa Barbara neighborhoods and is also the most popular spot for Trick-or-Treaters on Halloween.
- The Waterfront: comprises roughly commercial and tourist-oriented business structures along Cabrillo Blvd including Stearns Wharf, the Santa Barbara Harbor and the breakwater, and extending East toward the Bird Refuge and West along Shoreline Drive above the SBCC campus West.
- Samarkand: currently has approximately 630 homes on 184 acres (0.74 km2) with a population of about 2000 people.
Places to Visit in Santa Barbara, California
Here are our recommendations on which places to visit after you relocate to Santa Barbara:
- Rafael Gonzalez House – Adobe residence of the alcalde of Santa Barbara and a National Historic Landmark.
- Santa Barbara's Moreton Bay Fig Tree – has one of the largest total shaded areas of any tree in North America
- Stearns Wharf –features shops, several restaurants, and the newly rebuilt Ty Warner Sea Center.
- El Paseo Shopping Mall – California's first shopping center.
- Santa Barbara Zoo
- De La Guerra Plaza (Casa de la Guerra)
- Covarrubias Adobe – Built in 1817;
- Hastings Adobe – Built in 1854
- Burton Mound
- Channel Islands National Park
- Hill-Carrillo Adobe – Built in 1825 by Daniel A. Hill for his wife Rafaela L. Ortega y Olivera
- Cold Spring Tavern
- Channel Islands National Marine Sanctuary