- We at West Coast East Coast Express are the interstate relocation professionals you have been looking for. We will help you move to another state or to any city in the United States! We are a much better option than doing it all by yourself. Having a team of moving experts by your side during the relocation process is invaluable.
- No matter where you are, West Coast East Coast Express can move you to where you are going. Every year, countless families and businesses trust us to help them move their employees and family members all across the country. Interstate relocation is not a small task, and doing it alone requires a lot of time, planning, and energy.
- That is why West Coast East Coast Express is at your service – to allow you to live your life as usual while we do all the heavy lifting.
- Are you thinking of hiring moving professionals to help you move to Boise, Idaho? We at West Coast East Coast Express think that's a great decision! But before you call us to schedule your moving day, you might want to learn more about the city.
Moving from or to Boise, Idaho with West Coast East Coast Express
About Boise, Idaho
- Boise is the capital and the most populous city of the state of Idaho. It is the state’s cultural center, offering both its residents and tourists a wide variety of amenities, from parks and restaurants to museums and performing art venues. Boise State University is the main pillar of the economy of the city, together with other major employers, such as Micron Technology, St. Luke’s Health System, and Simplot.
- No one is really sure how Boise got its name. However, there are several theories. According to the first one, after walking for weeks through dry and rough terrain, the exploration party of Captain Bonneville of the United States Army reached a spot with a view of the Boise River Valley. The place where they stood is today known as Bonneville Point, located on the Oregon Trail just east of the city. According to the story, their guide, who was French, amazed by the sight in front of them, yelled "Les bois! Les bois!" ("The wood! The wood!"). According to another story, the name is derived from earlier mountain men, who named the river that flows through the city. The tree-lined valley of what is today the Boise River was a distinct landmark, situated in the middle of a desert, like an oasis dominated by cottonwood trees. So they decided to call the place "La rivière boisée", which means "the wooded river."
The Climate of Boise, Idaho
- Boise has a continental climate, with four distinct seasons. Summers in Boise are hot and dry, with highs reaching 90 °F on more than fifty days a year. Winters are moderately cold, with a December average of just a little over 30 °F, while lows regularly fall to 0 °F or even below. Around 19 inches of snow falls each winter, but it typically falls in bouts of 3 inches a time. Spring and fall are mild and pleasant.
The Economy of Boise, Idaho
- The economy of Boise is on its way up, since the city is home of some major companies in US. If you are moving to Boise and hope to find job there, we have good news – employment opportunities here are plentiful. Besides being a great place to live, this city is also a great place to work. Some of the major employer companies that are headquartered in Boise include:
- - Boise Cascade LLC ,
- - Albertsons ,
- - J.R. Simplot Company ,
- - Idaho Pacific Lumber Company ,
- - Idaho Timber ,
- - WinCo Foods ,
- - Bodybuilding.com , and
- - Clearwater Analytics .
- The state government is also one of the city's largest employers.
Things to Do in Boise, Idaho
- Boise is an important music hub in the region, especially when it comes to jazz, theater, and indie music. The Gene Harris Jazz Festival takes place here each spring. In addition, a number of theater groups and festivals call Boise home, such as:
- - the Idaho Shakespeare Festival ,
- - the Boise Little Theatre ,
- - Boise Contemporary Theater , and
- - Prairie Dog Production .
- In addition, the Egyptian Theatre also hosts national and regional music acts, comedians, and special film screenings.
- Boise also has a growing performing arts community. The Boise Philharmonic, Ballet Idaho the Trey McIntyre Project are just some of the names you should remember. All of them regularly perform at the Velma V. Morrison Center for the Performing Arts . The Center also hosts the classical performing arts of the Opera Idaho. Not a fan of classical music? If you are an avid festival goer, the Treefort Music Fest that features emerging bands might be exactly what you are looking for.
- If you enjoy the outdoors, you should note that The Morrison-Knudsen Nature Center is located just east of the downtown area of Boise, adjacent to Municipal Park. It features live fish and wildlife exhibits, viewing areas into the water, bird and butterfly gardens, and waterfalls that will entertain not only children, but adults as well. Another great place to get acquainted with animals is Zoo Boise , home to more than 200 animals and over 80 species from all around the world. You might also be interested in visiting the Aquarium of Boise .
- Boise is also home to a number of museums. If you enjoy museums, you should definitely visit some of the following:
- - the Boise Art Museum ,
- - the Idaho State Historical Museum ,
- - the Basque Museum and Cultural Center ,
- - Idaho Black History Museum .
- A number of recreational opportunities are available in the city as well. These include a number of hiking and biking trails. The Boise River is the locals’ favorite destination for fishing, swimming, and rafting.
- Are you ready to move to Boise, Idaho? West Coast East Coast Express professional interstate movers will make the entire relocation process stress-free. At West Coast East Coast Express we do it all! We have the experience, professionalism, and resources necessary for a seamless relocation. Some of our basic interstate moving services include:
- - Interstate moving – including residential and corporate relocation
- - Professional packing – including disassembling, packing, unpacking, and reassembling
- - Moving insurance
- - Storage units – free for the first month
- - Car Transport – in open or enclosed auto carriers
- - Providing moving supplies – including moving boxes of all shapes and sizes, harnesses, bubble wrap, packing paper, and so on.
- Ready to move to Boise? Then contact West Coast East Coast Express right away to get the best interstate moving price estimates and schedule your relocation.