- About Us
- Cities we service
- Free Quote
- Contact Us
Important Corona Update – Read More Here
Fully Licensed & Insured US DOT 2815075 MC - 938543, Licensed by the Department of Transportation.
Are you thinking about moving to Reno, Nevada? If so, have you found a reliable and professional moving company to assist you with your relocation? Look no further – we at West Coast East Coast Express are one of the best interstate moving companies in the entire US. We have thousands of satisfied customers and have received excellent online moving company reviews. Some of the moving services that we can provide you with are interstate relocation, residential moving, corporate moving, car transportation (enclosed auto transport, exotic auto transport) etc.
We also offer a wide array of conveniences, such as a free moving quote and budget moving! Contact our representative team if you wish you receive the best interstate moving estimates in the US. We will be more than happy to assist you with anything you might need, including moving tips and moving checklists. Contact us today in order to schedule your relocation date to Reno, Nevada.
Reno is located in the Northern region of the US State of Nevada. It is approximately 22 miles away from Lake Tahoe. The city of Reno is also known as the “biggest little city in the world”. Reno is known for its numerous casinos, magnificent nature and amazing architecture. It represents the county seat of the Washoe County, which is located in the northwestern part of Nevada. The city is located in a high desert, at the foot of Sierra Nevada. Reno is the most populous city in Nevada (outside of the NV MSA Valley Region Las Vegas-Paradise), with a population of 241,445 residents, according to the 2015 US Census. It’s the 3rd most populous city in Nevada after Las Vegas, Henderson and Laughlin in Nevada. The city was incorporated on March 16, 1903. It was named after Jesse L. Reno and founded on May 9, 1863.
Reno is sitting in a rain shadow, underneath the Sierra Nevada mountain range. The location of the city greatly influences its climate and weather. On average, there’s 7.5 inches of rain in Reno. Even though that’s a relatively low amount of rain, Reno is still considered to have a steppe climate, mostly due to the low evapotranspiration. Most of the rainfall occurs during winter and spring. Snow generally occurs during the winter months, but it’s light to moderate. Occasionally, it can be very heavy. The average snowfall rate is 21.5 inches. The amount of snow that falls largely depends on the region of the city. Reno has an average of 300 sunny days per year. Summer thunderstorms can sometimes occur between April and October. These summer thunderstorms can even be quote severe due to a downslope west wind, which is called the “Washoe Zephyr”. This wind develops in the Sierra Nevada and causes the air to be pulled down into Reno, which then in turn creates powerful summer thunderstorms.
Source & more information
According to Reno’s 2013 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the top employers in the city are:
· Washoe County School District 8,250
· University of Nevada, Reno 4,250
· Washoe County 2,750
· Renown Regional Medical Center 2,750
· Peppermill Reno 2,250
· International Game Technology 2,250
· Integrity Staffing Solutions 2,250
· Silver Legacy Reno 2,250
· Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center 1,750
· Atlantis Casino Resort 1,750
Here’s a list of our top recommendations on where to go and which places to visit after you finish your relocation to Reno, Nevada:
· Grand Sierra Resort: This is a hotel and a casino which is located approximately 3 miles east of Downtown Reno. The hotel has 1990 guest rooms and suites.
· Sierra Safari Zoo: Even though it’s a small-scale, seasonal zoo, it has many interesting wildlife species that you can observe, such as zebras, lemurs, monkey, wild cats and many more.
· National Automobile Museum: With themed displays of over 220 antique and vintage cards, as well as educational and historical exhibits, this museum is the perfect place of any vintage car enthusiast.
· Silver Legacy Resort & Casino: This modern casino offers a pool, a spa, warm quarters, shops and several dining options.
· Idlewild Park
· Peppermill Reno
· Eldorado Reno
· Wilbur D. May Center
· Atlantis Casino Resort Spa: This is a luxury hotel and casino located in Reno.
Source & more information: https://www.google.rs/destination/map/topsights?q=things+to+do+in+reno&espv=2&site=search&output=search&dest_mid=/m/06kx2&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwii756KpMDTAhWBOhQKHWglCMkQ6tEBCEwoBTAA
Public education in Reno is provided by the Washoe County School District. In general, Reno is considered to have a very good education system, one of the best ones in the US. The city has:
· Twelve public high schools: Damonte Ranch, Galena, Hug, North Valleys High School, McQueen, Academy of Arts, Careers, and Technology, Reno, Truckee Meadows Community College High School, Washoe, and Wooster.
· Three public high schools in neighboring Sparks, attended by many students who live in Reno: Reed, Spanish Springs, and Sparks High School.
· Thirteen middle schools: Billinghurst, Clayton, Cold Springs, Depoali, Dilworth, Mendive, O’Brien, Pine, Shaw,Sparks, Swope, Traner, and Vaughn.
· Sixty-four elementary schools: Allen, Anderson, Beasley, Jesse Beck, Bennett, Booth, Brown, Cannan, Caughlin Ranch, Corbett, Desert Heights, Diedrichsen, Dodson, Donner Springs, Double Diamond, Drake, Duncan, Dunn, Elmcrest, Gomes, Grace Warner, Greenbrae, Hidden Valley, Huffaker, Hunsberger, Hunter Lake, Jesse Beck, Johnson, Juniper, Lemmon Valley, Elizabeth Lenz, Lincoln Park, Echo Loder, Mathews, Maxwell, Melton, Mitchell, Moss, Mount Rose, Natchez, Palmer, Peavine, Picollo Special Education School, Pleasant Valley, Risley, Roy Gomm, Sepulveda, Sierra Vista, Silver Lake, Alice Smith, Kate Smith, Smithridge, Spanish Springs, Stead, Sun Valley, Taylor, Towles, Van Gorder, Verdi, Veterans Memorial, Warner, Westergard, Whitehead and Sarah Winnemucca.
West Coast East Coast Express ships all kinds of vehicles, regardless of their shape, size, price, or weight. From scooters to trucks, if you need it shipped, we can do it.Read More
The first thing you should know is that, with us, all your belongings are insured from the moment our professional movers lay their hands on them first, until they are all safely delivered to your front door and unpacked by our personnel.Read More
The only problem is, an average American is not exactly a packing expert. There are so many rules to this process that learning how to do it can take more time than actually moving.Read More
We at West Coast East Coast Express offer top-notch storage units to all our customers. Our storage services are among the best ones you will find in the countryRead More