- You’ve always wanted to make a move, change your career, neighborhood, and think Seattle is the right choice. You know, it's time to start something new and trust the magic of beginnings. The challenges of an interstate move are inherently different and you should do your best to prepare for the tasks ahead. Before you pack your entire life into a cardboard box, you will need to find a moving company you can entrust with your belongings. That's why we are here. When you trust your move to West Coast East Coast Express, you’ll be happy you hired us. We guarantee it. Why sweat it when we can do it for you? We aim to make things as easy and stress-free for you as possible. We have all the typical tools needed to quickly assemble or disassemble household furniture. To prevent damage, we use plastic wrap for many things such as keeping doors and drawers from opening while being moved. All your household belongings and surfaces will be protected, wrapped, padded, covered, because our professional packers have had training in handling all kinds of items, including valuable antiques, fragile objects such as computers, musical instruments, artwork etc. Over time, we have learned all the specific conditions certain items require. For these purposes, we can provide you with climate controlled storage units, designed especially for those belongings which require a special environment.
Moving to Seattle, Washington with West Coast East Coast Express
- West Coast East Coast Express will provide you free storage units for up to thirty days. If you own a vehicle and want to take it with you to your new home, you will be happy to hear that we provide high-quality car shipping services as well. You can choose among the following services to see which one suits you best:
- -Open auto carriers
- - Enclosed auto transport
- - Door-to-door auto transport services
- - Auto shipping services.
- If you feel like there is information that requires further clarification, feel free to contact us with any questions you have about moving across the country. We will be more than glad to provide you with additional moving tips.
- Read the following article to find out more about what to expect in Seattle.
- Seattle is a city on the west coast of the United States and the seat of King County. The city is located on a narrow strip of land between the salt waters of Puget Sound and the fresh waters of Lake Washington. Seattle lies on several hills, including Capitol Hill, First Hill, West Seattle, Beacon Hill, Magnolia, Denny Hill, and Queen Anne. It is a seaport city estimated to be the fourth- largest port in North America.
- Seattle is the largest city in the state with about 700.000 residents. The largest racial group in Seattle is White with 69% of the city’s population, the next largest group is Asian with 14%, followed by Black or African-American 8%.
- Seattle's climate is classified as oceanic or temperate marine, with cool, wet winters and mild, relatively dry summers. The city's climate is ever-changing, but if you expect rain, you likely won't be disappointed. Rain is a fact of life in Seattle, it rains 50 percent of the time in the city.
Economy and Job Opportunities
- Seattle’s economy has truly grown up over the past few decades, so the city became the principal trade, distribution, financial, and services center for the Northwest. Tourism also continues to be a vital part of the city's economy. The biggest employers in Seattle are major companies whose names are often known worldwide:
- -Boeing about 80,000 employees
- -Joint Base Lewis-McChord 56,000 employees
- -Microsoft about 42,000 employees
- -The University of Washington about 25,000 employees
- -Amazon about 22,000 employees
- -Providence Health & Services about 20,000 employees
- -Walmart about 20,000 employees
- -Weyerhaeuser about 10,000 employees
- Choosing the right neighborhood is one of the most important decisions you will have to make. Selecting the best neighborhood for you is important for a lot of different reasons. Seattle contains many neighborhoods. Some of them are:
- -Capitol Hill is a densely populated residential district. It is one of the city's most prominent nightlife and entertainment districts.
- -Mount Baker is a neighborhood in southeast Seattle. Mount Baker has its own light rail station for people who works on the Eastside.
- -West Seattle, among the area's attractions, are its saltwater beach parks along Elliot Bay and Puget Sound, including Alki Beach and Lincoln Park.
- -The South Lake Union, perhaps no neighborhood has grown faster than the South Lake Union, its population jumping more than 20 percent in just a single year.
- -Leschi boasts a more diverse community than many of its lake-facing neighbors, with 45 percent nonwhite residents, in a neighborhood populated largely by homeowners.
- More about neighborhoods in Seattle you can find following the link .
The most important places to visit in Seattle
- -The Space Needle , an iconic feature of Seattle's skyline. The view from the top is stunning with a revolving restaurant, undoubtedly Seattle's most famous landmark
- -Mount Rainier , towering over Seattle, it is 50 miles from the city. There's a national park with camping and hiking activities
- - Pike Place Market . Pike Place Market is a special community within the heart of Seattle’s downtown, comprised of hundreds of farmers, craftspeople, small businesses, and residents.
- -The Seattle Aquarium located on Pier 59, the Aquarium showcases a wide variety of colorful marine species
- -Pioneer Square relive Seattle's history in the city's oldest neighborhood. It's packed with exciting nightclubs, restaurants, and galleries.
- -Olympic Sculpture Park . You have to visit the Seattle Art Museum’s Olympic Sculpture Park. Admission to the sculpture park is always free. The park consists of a 9-acre outdoor sculpture museum and beach.
- -Museum of History & Industry . Its exhibits on life in Seattle and Puget Sound cover everything from the maritime past to cutting-edge culture.
- Ready to move to Seattle? Call West Coast East Coast Express, we will offer you professional packing services and provide our own moving supplies. All you have to do is contact us and get your free moving price estimate.