- Are you considering moving to San Antonio, Texas? That’s great! We are sure you will have a great time living in the River City. It has so much to offer, you will definitely feel at home as soon as you move. And the best way to get there? Well that’s easy – simply contact West Coast East Coast Express, and we will make your dream come true. We offer a wide array of services, including:
- - Interstate residential moving services
- - Interstate corporate moving services
- - Long-distance car shipping services
- - Moving and car shipping insurance
- - Professional packing and loading services
- - Providing moving boxes and other packing supplies
- - And so much more.
- All you have to do is give us a call and we will get you settled down in San Antonio in no time.
- And while our professional movers are doing all the heavy lifting, you might want to take some time to learn more about the city where you are about to begin your new chapter in life.
Moving from or to San Antonio, Texas with West Coast East Coast Express
About San Antonio, Texas
- With its population of almost 1.5 million residents, San Antonio is the second most populous city in the state of Texas, right after Houston. It is also the seat of Bexar County. It lies some 75 miles to the southwest of the state capital, Austin.
- The city was named after Saint Anthony of Padua, a Portuguese Catholic priest and friar of the Franciscan Order. It was founded in 1718, but it took over a hundred years for it to finally be incorporated.
The Weather of San Antonio, Texas
- San Antonio experiences a transitional humid subtropical climate. This means that summers in this city are quite hot, while winters are warm and pleasant. Winter nights in San Antonio can be a little colder, with about ten to fifteen nights a year reaching sub-freezing temperatures. Snow is quite rare in the area and occurs only once every four years. The all-time record was 16 inches of snow back in 1985.
- Unlike snow, floods are quite common in the area, as rain is plentiful during summer. Tornadoes have been reported several times in the city, although they are not that common.
- In short, if you are moving to San Antonio, get rid of all your winter clothes, but hold on to your umbrella.
The Economy of San Antonio, Texas
- San Antonio has the fourth largest annual GDP in the state. The city’s economy mainly relies on military, government civil service, health care, finances, tourism, oil, and gas. In addition, the city is quickly becoming a significant manufacturing center of the country.
- Six Fortune 500 companies have their headquarters in San Antonio. These include Valero Energy, Tesoro Corp, USAA, iHeartMedia, NuStar Energy, and CST Brands, Inc. Other major employers in the city are Bill Miller Bar-B-Q Enterprises, Carnet Healthcare Services, Security Service Federal Credit Union, Eye Care Centers of America, Frost Bank, Kinetic Concepts, Taco Cabana, Broadway Bank, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit Union, and others. If you are moving to San Antonio with the plan to start your own business, you will be happy to hear that the city has been named one of the best places for business and careers.
Things to Do in San Antonio, Texas
- We are pretty sure you will want to explore the city once you move here. Just imagine the excitement of discovering everything for the first time again! However, San Antonio is not exactly small, so knowing where to start will help you a lot on your exploring adventures. That is why we at West Coast East Coast Express have decided to put together a list of our favorite places. We hope you find them as fun as we did.
- If you enjoy museums, you will definitely be interested in visiting the following:
- - the San Antonio Museum of Art ,
- - the Witte Museum ,
- - the Texas Transportation Museum , or
- - the Holocaust Memorial Museum of San Antonio .
- If you, however, enjoy the outdoors more than visiting exhibitions, you will be happy to hear that San Antonio has a lot to offer to you too. Here are some suggestions:
- - the San Antonio Zoo ,
- - the San Antonio Botanical Garden ,
- - the San Antonio River Walk ,
- - or many of the city’s parks.
- After so many activities, you will probably feel ravished. So why not head to one of these delicious restaurants:
- - Boudro’s On The Riverwalk – a restaurant with mouthwatering seafood and even better wood-grilled stakes;
- - Biga on the Banks – another restaurant located on the river walk, this one mostly serves new American cuisine;
- - Schilo’s – a very affordable spot with great beers and an awesome German cuisine;
- - La Fonda on Main – the perfect place for fans of Mexican food;
- - Zocca Cuisine D’Italia – because who doesn’t like pasta and pizza?
- Are you ready to move to San Antonio, Texas? Then give West Coast East Coast Express movers a call and let us make your dream come true. Ask our representatives for the best free moving price estimates, and begin the new chapter of your life in the right way. Sincerely, West Coast East Coast Express.