- Have you recently started imagining what it would be like to leave your cozy town and move to another state? Have you decided to move to Salt Lake City, Utah? If so, we can only say that you have made an excellent choice. Known for its strong outdoor recreation tourist industry, Salt Lake City is a wonderful place to live in. If you have done at least some research on the subject, it probably didn’t take you too long to conclude that this city is what you want. However, the next step is what bothers you – the relocation process. This can be a rather intricate and even unpleasant part of your big change. But, it is not necessarily the case. As you already know, the first thing that you need to do is to find professional assistance. But, you are probably worried about finding a reliable long distance moving company, aren’t you? Worry no more, West Coast East Coast Express offers everything you need.
- Our company provides you with a number of high-quality moving services, such as residential moving, professional packing, storage services, auto transport and others. If you hate packing boxes for moving, we can do that for you. If you want to move your house, we can do that, too. If you want to either move or expand your business, again, we can help you with that. You can’t move into your new house when planned and need to store your belongings? You can use our storage units for as long as you need! As you can see, whatever you need, the chances are we can do something about it. Our professional movers are at your disposal, you just need to contact our representatives and schedule your moving day. Another important thing is that, with us, you don’t have to worry about eye-watering prices which make you want to give up on the idea of moving, as we offer all these services at more than affordable prices.
- However, before you give us a ring and we get your relocation process started, read on to find out some useful information about the city that you will call home soon enough – Salt Lake City, Utah.
Moving to Salt Lake City, Utah with West Coast East Coast Express
About Salt Lake City, Utah
- Located in the northern part of the Salt Lake Valley, Salt Lake City is the capital of the U.S. state of Utah. With 190,884 people calling it home, it is also the state’s most populous city.
- Salt Lake City was founded in 1847, but it was not until 1896 that the city became Utah’s capital. Just like many other cities, at the beginning of the 20th century, during the Great Depression, Salt Lake City suffered some serious consequences of the economic crisis, but it was back on the road to recovery right after World War II. Not only did its economy recover, but the city itself started expanding rapidly.
- As previously mentioned, today, the city’s tourism is highly developed, but you should also know that Salt Lake City is considered the industrial banking center of the country. The city is also known as the “Crossroads of the West” due to a great number of significant railroads. Some of the top industries in Salt Lake City are trade, transportation, manufacturing, education, health services etc. In case you want to learn more about its economy, click here .
The Climate of Salt Lake City, Utah
- When it comes to the weather in Salt Lake City, you should know that there are four distinct seasons. Summers are normally hot and dry. Winters can be rather cold and you should not be surprised by great snowfalls during this season. As for spring and autumn, they are both usually mild and pleasant but can be quite wet sometimes. Precipitation in Salt Lake City is affected by the Great Salt Lake to a great extent. The driest month of the year is July, while humidity is the highest between March and May.
Things to see in Salt Lake City, Utah
- We assume you can’t wait to move to Salt Lake City to start exploring all the beauties it offers. There are numerous places that you should visit there – so many we can’t possibly name them all. But, we do have a short list of some important museums in Salt Lake City that should be at the top of your must-visit places. Take a look.
- - Natural History Museum of Utah – Once you go to the Natural History Museum of Utah, you’ll have the opportunity to see natural history subjects, but also explore various events organized throughout the year. Click here and plan your visit.
- - Discovery Gateway – This museum is perfect if you’re going sight-seeing with your children, as it is an interactive children’s museum. Find out more about its exhibitions and programs here .
- - Church History Museum – This museum is dedicated to the two-century history of the LDS Church. If that sounds like something you would like to find out more about, click here and see what exactly the museum has to offer.
- - Utah Museum of Fine Arts – This museum is the region’s primary source for fine arts, so you should definitely visit such an important place as soon as you move to Salt Lake City. To find more information about it, click here .
- We believe you are excited about your moving and you can’t wait to start living in Salt Lake City. That’s why West Coast East Coast Express is here to help you make your dream come true as soon as possible. Remember, all you need to do is give us a call and let us take care of your relocation. We are at your disposal anytime you need us.