- Have you decided to move to Los Angeles, California? That’s a great decision! However, you should know that relocation can be a time-consuming and stressful process. But this doesn’t always have to be the case – if you hire West Coast East Coast Express, you can rest assured that your relocation will be as smooth as possible. We offer a wide array of moving services, which are all at a very affordable price point. What’s more, we are reliable and professional movers. Here are some of our moving services:
- · Moving supplies – such as harnesses, plastic wraps, moving boxes, packing materials
- · Interstate relocation (both residential and corporate)
- · Long distance car transport (enclosed car transport and exotic car transport)
- · Packing services – dismantling, reassembling, packing, unpacking etc.
- Before you begin to plan out your relocation in detail, you might want to learn more about the city you will soon call home. Fortunately, we have decided to save you a lot of time by searching the Internet for important information instead of you. Here’s a quick guide to Los Angeles’ weather, lifestyle, events, and people. Enjoy!
Moving to Los Angeles, California with West Coast East Coast Express
About Los Angeles, California
- Did you know that Los Angeles actually means “The Angels” in Spanish? This major metropolis represents the center of commerce, finance, and culture of the southern part of California. Los Angeles, being one of the most populous metropolitan areas in the world, represents the focal point of the Greater Los Angeles Area. The city itself is geographically located is a big coastal basin. It’s surrounded by mountains on three sides. Another thing that comes to everyone’s mind when they think about LA is the fact that it’s the home of Hollywood. Many famous singers, actors, and entrepreneurs call Los Angeles their home. To learn more about the notable people who are from Los Angeles, click here
Weather in Los Angeles, California
- If you’re from the northern part of the United States, you might want to learn more about the weather in Los Angeles, because it will significantly influence your packing process. Cold temperatures and snow are extremely rare in LA, so if you’re used to heavy winters, you should know that you won’t need your warm clothes anymore. Los Angeles has a pleasant Mediterranean climate. There is an average of 35 days with precipitation per year, but sometimes there will be no precipitation at all. Because Los Angeles is located in the Californian desert, it has very warm and humid summers, with lots of sunny days throughout the whole year. If you’re someone who enjoys spending time on exotic beaches, sipping on cocktails, Los Angeles’ climate is perfect for you!
Things to do in Los Angeles, California
- Universal Studios Hollywood – this is an amusement park with rides, restaurants, shops, various entertainment shows. The amusement park features a cinema theme.
- · Getty Center – this is an enormous free museum, which is very famous for highlighting American and European art, manicured gardens and architecture.
- · Griffith Park – if you enjoy hikes and long walks, this place is perfect for you. It is an urban oasis which features equestrian trails, magnificent panoramas of the city, the Greek Theatre and the L.A. zoo.
- · Hollywood Boulevard – this is probably one of the top tourist attractions in Los Angeles. This is a long street which splits off Sunset Boulevard in the east and runs northwest to Vermont.
- · Hollywood Walk of Fame – another reason why so many tourists visit Los Angeles every single year, the Hollywood Walk of Fame have more than 2,600 five-pointed terrazzo and brass stars, which are embedded in the sidewalks along 15 blocks of Hollywood Boulevard. Some of the famous people who got honored here include Michael Jackson, Walt Disney and much more.
- · Disneyland – pretty self-explanatory, this is a huge amusement park which features 8 themed lands with rides, costumed characters, and entertainment shows.
- · Griffith Observatory
- · Grauman’s Chinese Theatre
- For more information on these places and more options, please refer to this link
Where to live in Los Angeles, California
- One of the most essential things when it comes to relocation to a new city is finding out a new place to live. Whether you’re looking to buy a new house or you would prefer to rent a place, Los Angeles is an enormous city with options for everyone. However, you might want to learn more about the neighborhoods of Los Angeles and their safety, especially if you have small children or you’re looking to start a family after you relocate. West Coast East Coast Express has come up with a short list of the best neighborhoods located in Los Angeles:
- · Atwater Village: If you’re not quite ready to settle down and have a family, this neighborhood will be a perfect fit for you. It has everything you can possibly need – plenty of food options, both fancy restaurants and fast food chains, it’s near a bus line which directly connects to the freeway and it’s relatively safe!
- · Burbank: If you enjoy shopping and spending time at large department stores, this neighborhood is perfect for you. There’s also a ton of places where you can enjoy a classy meal and a glass of wine. Another great thing about this neighborhood is the fact that it’s the closest to the best airport in LA – LAX.
- · Beverly Grove: If you like to splurge on expensive food, jewelry, and clothes, this is the perfect place for you. In Beverly Grove, it is hard to go wrong, but very easy to go broke. The only downside is the transportation since the traffic can get very hectic and busy.
- For more information, click here