- Are you looking for an affordable and reliable moving company in Las Vegas, Nevada? Here is why West Coast East Coast Express is the perfect choice for you. We offer a wide array of moving services, including car transportation, commercial and residential moving, moving supplies, moving storage units, moving helpers, packers and many more. We offer the best interstate moving estimates in the entire US and you can also get a free moving quote if you enter your desired relocation date and place on our website! If you would like to learn more about our services, feel free to contact us any time – our representative team will be more than happy to speak to you and offer you any moving help you might need, including moving tips and moving checklists. Before you start planning out your relocation to Las Vegas, we have compiled a short guide about the city and its climate, transportation and employers.
Moving to Las Vegas, Nevada with West Coast East Coast Express
About Las Vegas, Nevada
- The name Las Vegas originated from the Spanish word for “the meadows”. The city of Las Vegas anchors the Las Vegas Valley, which is considered to be the metropolitan area of the US State of Nevada. The city itself is located in the Mojave Desert in Nevada. It is the 28th most populous city in the entire US and the county seat of the Clark County in Nevada. Las Vegas is known worldwide for being a major resort city, and people are drawn into it for its numerous shipping, gambling, entertainment, nightlife and fine dining opportunities. This is why the city of Las Vegas is also commonly referred to as the “Entertainment capital of the world”. Las Vegas is the financial, commercial and cultural center of the US State of Nevada. What’s interesting about the city is the fact that it has more AAA Five Diamond hotels than any other city in the entire United States.
Weather in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Because of its location within the Mojave Desert, Las Vegas has a subtropical hot desert climate. It is characterized by long, extremely hot and humid summers and mild to chilly winters. The transitional seasons, spring and fall, are warm and pleasant. Las Vegas has an abundance of sun, due to its location in the desert. On average, in has 310 sunny days per year. The city of Las Vegas is the sunniest, driest and least humid city in the entire United States. With an extremely low dew point, its humidity never goes above 10%. The highest temperatures occur in July, reaching around 104°F. The record low temperatures usually happen in January and December, as they’re usually around 39°F. All in all, the climate of Las Vegas might not be suitable for people who don’t like extremely hot and dry weather throughout the majority of the year.
Transportation in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Because of how popular Las Vegas is, there are so many ways you can travel in and out of it. You can choose to travel by bus, train, airplane or even your own car. The public bus service which provides transportation throughout Las Vegas is RCT Transit. Many carriers also provide transportation from and into Las Vegas, such as Greyhound, BoltBus, Orange Belt Stages, Tufesa and other small carriers. The street numbering system in Las Vegas is divided by the following streets:
- · Westcliff Drive, US 95 Expressway, Fremont Street and Charleston Boulevard divide the north–south block numbers from west to east.
- · Las Vegas Boulevard divides the east–west streets from the Las Vegas Strip to near the Stratosphere, then Main Street becomes the dividing line from the Stratosphere to the North Las Vegas border, after which the Goldfield Street alignment divides east and west.
- · On the east side of Las Vegas, block numbers between Charleston Boulevard and Washington Avenue are different along Nellis Boulevard, which is the eastern border of the city limits.
- The international and domestic flight into and out of Las Vegas are handled by the McCarran International Airport, which also serves private aircraft and cargo flights. This airport is one of the busiest airports not only in the US, but also in the entire world. The general aviation traffic uses either the McCarran International Airport or the Henderson Executive Airport.
Top Employers in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Here’s a list of the top employers in Las Vegas, listed from the ones with the most employees down to the ones with the least employees:
- · MGM Resorts International 56000+employees
- · Clark County School District 35000+ employees
- · Caesars Entertainment 26600+ employees
- · Nellis & Creech AFB 14000+ employees
- · Wynn Resorts 11000+employees
- · Stations Casinos 10000+ employees
- · Las Vegas Sands Corporation 8800+ employees
- · Clark County 8500+ employees
- · Boyd Gaming Corporation 7300+ employees
- · University of Nevada Las Vegas 5000+ employees
- · Valley Health System 4500+ employees
- · Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department 4500+ employees
- · Sunrise Health System 4100+ employees
- · Blackstone Group, LP 4100+ employees
- · American Casino & Entertainment Properties 3700+ employees
- To learn more, click here
Things to do in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Las Vegas is probably one of the most popular tourist destinations in the entire world, because of its numerous casinos. But there are more options, besides just the Casino Resorts, and these include:
- · The Neon Museum ,
- · The Mob Museum ,
- · The Las Vegas Natural History Museum ,
- · The DISCOVERY Children's Museum ,
- · The Nevada State Museum ,
- · The Old Las Vegas Mormon State Historic Park
- To learn more, click here