- Have you ever considered the idea of leaving your cozy town and moving someplace else? Have you, perhaps, recently started thinking about moving to another state? Are you thinking about moving to Houston, Texas? We can only say that that’s a great decision. However, most people don’t find it that hard to choose the city that they want to move to. Even if they do, what’s inevitably more difficult and complicated is what follows – the relocation process. If you are one of those people (and the chances are you are), don’t worry, we understand how insecure you probably feel. But, we are here to show you that you don’t have to feel like that and that you can actually sail through this complicated and time-consuming process.
- When you decide to hire West Coast East Coast Express to take care of your relocation process, you learn that it can actually be completed stress-free. We have a long experience in the field, so our professional movers are highly qualified for what they do. We know that there are various items that you would like to take with you, which is why we offer to transport all kinds of stuff, from your expensive, fragile glassware to large, heavy wardrobes. That’s right, we provide you with a variety of packing materials (moving boxes of all sizes and shapes, bubble wrap, duct tape etc.) which are used to protect your belongings so as to avoid any possible damage during transport. In addition to professional packing, we offer a wide array of other services, including residential moving, corporate moving, auto transport, as well as storage services.
- Now, before you get down to packing boxes for moving (or call us to do that for you), you should learn a little bit more about the city that you will soon call home. Read on to find out some important facts about Houston, Texas.
Moving from or to Houston, Texas with West Coast East Coast Express
About Houston, Texas
- Located in Southeast Texas, Houston is the largest and one of the most important cities in the state. With around 2.239 million people calling it home, it is also its most populous city and the fourth-most populous in the country. Huston is the center of the Harris County. Its economy is well-developed and it has its base in various fields, including energy and transportation. It is also important to note that entertainment, technology, science, education, medicine, fashion, and culture are all at a high level, which means the city really has a lot to offer to its residents.
- Houston was founded in 1836 and it was incorporated as a city the very next year. It has a rich and colorful history. If you’re interested in learning something about the history of Huston and its development, you can find plenty interesting and useful information here .
The People of Houston, Texas
- One thing that we believe is interesting to know when moving to Houston is that it is a highly diverse city when it comes to the population – more precisely, it ranks as the most diverse city in the state of Texas. It is a multicultural city which offers a shelter to numerous immigrants, so you shouldn’t worry about fitting in there. Just remember that there are more than 90 languages spoken in Houston and a constantly growing number of foreign-born people.
- As for racial and ethnical composition, around half of the overall number of residents is white, while African Americans account for 23.7%. Most of the people there are religious, with Christians making up 73%. Around 20% of the population claims no religious affiliation. In case you want to read more about the people of Houston, click here .
The Climate of Houston, Texas
- Another important thing to know when moving to another city is what its climate is like. The climate of Houston is humid subtropical, which means you’ll have to get used to hot and humid summers (if you’re not already). Winters are mild or cool, but you shouldn’t worry about extremely low temperatures. The average temperature in January, the coldest month of the year, is around 11°C, so you can say goodbye to heavy snowfalls and freezing temperatures.
The Neighborhoods in Houston, Texas
- As already mentioned, Houston is a large city, so, before you move there, you should do some research and see which part of it would be the best for you. That’s why we have prepared a short list of best neighborhoods and suburbs of Houston that you might want to learn more about and perhaps you’ll pick one of them to start your life there.
- - Downtown Houston
- - Acres Homes
- - Denver Harbor
- - Sugar Land
- - The Woodlands
- - Friendswood
- All things considered, we are sure you will enjoy living in Houston and exploring this wonderful city. If you have been dreaming about moving there for a long time but you can’t seem to overcome your fear of the relocation, worried something might go wrong and ruin your enthusiasm about moving, stop wasting your time. Let West Coast East Coast Express take care of everything and you will be surprised to learn that this process does not have to be stressful. If you’re still having second thoughts about moving to Houston, Texas, feel free to contact our representatives anyway and they will be more than happy to help you remove any doubts you might have.