- Have you decided to move to another state and start your life all over someplace else? Are you thinking about moving to Austin, Texas? You couldn’t have chosen better! Being the fastest growing city in the United States, Austin is constantly developing and thus the opportunities it offers to its residents are more and more numerous, so we are sure you won’t regret your decision to move there. However, we assume there might be another thing that’s bothering you – the relocation process. You’ve all heard how tiresome and complicated it can be and, needless to say, you are worried about it. But, what if we told you this tiresome and complicated process can actually be completed stress-free from the beginning to the very end? Sounds wonderful, right? Well, that’s exactly the kind of service West Coast East Coast Express provides you with. Not only do we give you the chance to avoid the stress and pressure, but we offer you top-notch moving services at more than affordable prices. Some of them include the following:
- - Residential moving
- - Corporate moving
- - Auto transport
- - Professional packing
- - Storage services
- So, if you just can’t stand packing boxes for moving, you don’t have to go through that trouble. When you opt for West Coast East Coast Express, you can just relax and let us take care of everything. Our professional movers will be there for you to pack all your belongings and we guarantee everything will be safely transported. Whether you want us to pack your favorite fragile glassware, a musical instrument, or some heavy and bulky items, such as wardrobes and king-sized beds, we can do that. We provide you with various packing materials, including moving boxes of all shapes and sizes, bubble wraps, duct tapes etc.
- If you have any questions or need some more detailed explanations of certain steps of the relocation process, you can always contact our representatives and remove any doubts you might have. But, before you get the process started, read on to learn a little bit more about Austin, Texas.
Moving From or to Austin, Texas with West Coast East Coast Express
About Austin, Texas
- Located in Central Texas, Austin is the state’s capital city. It counts around 931,830 residents, which makes it the second-most populous capital in the country, right after Phoenix, Arizona, where 1,563,025 people live. Austin became the capital of Texas in 1839. Its name was first Waterloo, but then they named it Austin after Stephen F. Austin, the founder of Texas.
- Austin developed significantly during the 19th century, but then it suffered some rather serious consequences at the beginning of the 20th century, during the Great Depression. However, the city recovered soon afterward, eventually becoming the center for technology and business in the 1980s. If you want to gain insight into Austin’s history and development, click here .
The People of Austin, Texas
- People who live in Austin are called Austinites. As previously mentioned, there are 931,830 people who call Austin home, 68.3 percent of whom are white, while African Americans make up only 8.1 percent of the overall population. It is also interesting to know that Austin was home to many notable people over the course of history, including numerous actors, musicians, politicians, authors etc. In case you find this interesting and want to take a look at all those important names, follow this link .
The Climate of Austin, Texas
- When you decide to move to another city, you can, of course, learn some peculiar and less-known facts about it – if nothing less, you can use them to strike up conversations with the locals once you move there – but that does not mean that you should forget about some general, but just as important information about your future home. One of those things is definitely the city’s climate. You should always be aware of the weather conditions before you start your life someplace else. When it comes to the climate of Austin, it is classified as humid subtropical. The summers are long and hot, while winters are short and normally mild. You’ll be happy to hear that there are around 2,650 hours of the sunshine per year, which means you can say goodbye to those cold and gloomy winter days. The coldest month of the year is January, when the temperature is around 16 °C, so it’s quite clear that snowfalls are rather rare in Austin.
Where to live in Austin, Texas
- If you have not decided which part of Austin exactly you want to move to, you should take a look at the following list of a couple of neighborhoods there. You can follow the links in the brackets to find out more information about the ones you choose.
- - Barton Hills
- - Allandale
- - Mueller
- - Old West Austin
- - Hancock
- If none of the listed neighborhoods suits your needs, click here for more ideas.
- Do you think you are ready to take that huge step in your life and get your relocation to Austin, Texas started? If so, don’t waste your time, but call West Coast East Coast Express and let us help you make your dream come true. We are at your disposal anytime you need us – all you have to do is grab your phone and give us a ring and we will book your moving day and get down to business as soon as possible.